The Jacques and Gloria Gossweiler Foundation offers a “Hematology Research Grant” to support a research project in Hematology performed in a research center in Switzerland. The grant supports projects of basic and clinical research in the whole field of Hematology. The principal applicant has to be a specialist in Hematology of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH) and must be in a position to carry out the research project under his own responsibility. The applicant must be able to show that he/she is employed at least 50% for the duration of the project at a research institution, with the necessary research infrastructure.
The funding period is two years, with a possible extension up to a maximum of 4 years. It includes any support of the research project, with the exception of the applicant’s own salary.
The yearly budget of the foundation in the field of hematology for the Research Grant is CHF 200’000. This amount will usually be granted to several research projects, but can be granted to one single research project in exceptional cases.
Application deadline: 31. January 2020
The application for funding has to meet to the following formal requirements:
- covering letter of the applicants. In this letter the applicant has to give the list of other support(s) for the project.
- project description including the time-line of the project and a one-page summary (max. 5 pages, font: Arial; font size: 11 pt; line spacing: 1.5)
- budget form
- CV and list of previous publications of the applicants
- letter of commitment regarding financial, personal and material support by the responsible and conducting institution signed by the person in charge of the institution
- completed form: “Basic Data and Budget: Hematology Research Grant”
All requested documents must be in English.
Furthermore, a hard copy should be sent together with the application form to the Secretariat of the Foundation: Jacques und Gloria Gossweiler Stiftung, Taubenstrasse 8, Postfach, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
The Hematological Scientific Advisory Board of JGGF is presided by Prof. Dr. med. André Tichelli.